10 Dec 2011

Interview Nöjesbladet

"I did not feel so good"

Image by Lina Boström Einarsson
Eric Saade turns pop back: I take no steps back

Pop is no more.

Now does Eric Saade, 21, just what he wants.

- You have to learn to point the finger at everyone who pokes one, he says.

Eric Saade poses accustomed to the camera.

Just days before this year's artists in the Eurovision Song Contest presented amid much publicity.

But it is far from here.

Melodifestivalen was Eric Saade's breakthrough to a wider audience. But nothing he wants to return to.


- It's so hard to say never but no, probably not, he says. I've already done that, I'm done now. Why would I take a step back?

He continues:

- Now I have completely different goals. As I look back on it, it is a start of my career which was absolutely fantastic. It was an extremely fun time because it's such a fucking circus.

To break through is not just something you do. It is sometimes things are going against. Even for Eric Saade.

- When I left high school I was right near to close. I had been going on for three years and nothing happened.
 
"Enough is enough"

Eric Saade lined up twice in the Melodifestivalen - 2010 with "Manboy". 2011, with "Popular". The year between them happened a lot.

- The first year after my breakthrough I felt not so good. I was in a position where I did not really know how to handle the media. I was really confused, walked around and wondered how I should do: if I could be myself or I would align myself, as one must do in Jantelags -Sweden. This year I decided that it is enough.

The result: Saade's participation in last winter ended with a profit - with a series of controversies along the way. This talks with both the media and other participants (read: the Russian contribution).

- You have to learn to point the finger at everyone who pokes at you, says Eric.

 "The same fucking Eric"

A lot has happened on other fronts too over the years since his first participation, says Eric.

- When I look at myself when I did "Manboy" so I only think: what the hell I was involved with? I had not taken a singing lesson, I had not danced for three years so I was completely numb. But personality wise, I have always been the same fucking Eric.

With popular music behind it is now new challenges on the schedule. New album and a subsequent tour is planned over the coming year. Saade has himself designed the stage and wants to achieve something in the class with Justin Timberlake at the Globe Arena - but on a smaller stage. No minimalism that is.

- Damn, I've never done anything that has been pared down.


Original: Nöjesbladet / translated by Linda / no guarantee for 100% correctness ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment